Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm Back!

I apologize that it has been sooooooooo long since my last post. The last week in September, I got very sick. My symptoms included severe stomach cramping, nausea and diarrhea. I have never been so sick in my life. All I could do was lay in bed...for two weeks. I hardly had anything to eat or drink during that time. Grady was very worried about me and did not want to send me to a clinic in Mexico. With advice from a few of Grady's professors and Gary and Mary Hines, we were able to determine that I probably had a parasite.
It was decided that I would return to the U.S. for medical treatment. On October 7th, I flew to Oklahoma City. Grady's mother was there to pick me up and take me to the doctor. The diagnosis was that I had amoebic dysentery. The antibiotic I was taking really did a number on my digestive health. I was also very dehydrated which seemed to be a big concern for the doctor. I was finally able to begin eating soft foods and now am eating solid foods. Lab tests showed that the amoebas are all gone. I am feeling so much better now and am so thankful for my good health.
Grady is continuing to do VERY well in school. I am just so proud of him!

No comments: